Friday, February 20, 2009

Took Myself Out to Eat

Oh. Oh. Oh.

I took myself out to eat for lunch today. I figured..why not. I have had a rough week. My weekend starts on Thursday night because I have no classes on Friday. So I decided to take myself out to eat. At a nicceee restaurant. I wanted Italian. I went to Don Salvo. Oh me, oh my. Was it amazing. I am telling you. I spent 20 pounds. Which is about 30 dollars. I can't believe I spent 30 dollars on myself for a Friday lunch but whhhaatteevver. It was lunch and dinner as a matter of fact. I had Patate Cipollate, Pollo All Aglio, Misto Di Legumi....and thank God the food was also in English. lol. So I had sauteed pototoes, fresh veggies and this garlic and white wine breaded chicken that was sauteed. Man, I'm telling you. How in the hell have I been getting by with Olive Garden???

It was such a nice restaurant. The server put the napkin on my lap. Which I thought was so nice. lol. She was italian so she had a beautiful accent. The glasses were perfectly clean. I ordered my food. She then brought out the bread and butter and olive oil and vinegar. Haha. I tried to dip my bread in vinegar and olive oil. Then I found the butter. Such a fool. lol. And my food came out on separate plates because the potatoes and the veggies were not included in the main dish. The main dish was so freakin pretty! I wanted to take a picture of it, but then I realized 1. I didn't have my camera and 2. That is so classless. lol. Well, at least at a nice restaurant it is. But the kicker is that...their are waayyyy nicer restaurants than this one. And in Akron, you have like...what 1 or 2 restaurants that are like this one. Like Crave, which is where I had my going away dinner at. I wish their were more restaurants like this one at home. We have so many chain restaurants! Ack.

I was having a rough time with the food here when I first came. And actually, I am still not that big of a fan of English food. But I am getting better with the tastes of the food. I just realized that...food actually tastes good without preservatives and such. Because that's what it is. They don't put unnecessary shit in the food. Americans put food coloring in food just to make it pretty whereas the food here in Wolverhampton is the color it should be! I am finding food that I like. That tastes that heaven. That's what my lunch tasted like today. Heaven. Heaven dipped in rich olive oil. Mmm. Even the butter on my fresh baked bread was free range! Free range butter. If you don't know what free range is, just google it.

I just wanted to share this experience with you guys. I don't think I will eat the same when I get home. I just can't. I am going to try to eat at nicer restaurants when I get back. And rarely. And cook at home with food that comes from fresher places. And also more free range meats and dairy and free trade food. I think the next time I go out I may try an Indian restaurant. I don't like Indian at home but I think the Indian population is the second biggest in this city so I am excited to try some authentic Indian food.

Okay, I gotta get some work done.

1 comment:

Meeks said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. GREAT!!! When you get back we will go out to nice places, there are a lot of places to go to in the area.