Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sugar

I have been thinking about cutting it out of my diet. Trying to get better has been complex and weird but the facts about sugar remain. But having forbidden foods is not a good idea. But eliminating something with the intent to take it out forever is not a bad idea. I have been abstinant from sugar before in my life and the feeling of my body is crazy. Like, I do not know how to explain. And naturally I loose weight.

These facts..

In 1700, the average person consumed about 4 pounds of sugar per year.
In 1800, the average person consumed about 18 pounds of sugar per year.
In 1900, individual consumption had risen to 90 pounds of sugar per year.
In 2009, more than 50 percent of all Americans consume one-half pound of sugar PER DAY—translating to a whopping 180 pounds of sugar per year!

make you wonder about obestity and sugar and American society. I got these facts from a health website http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/20/sugar-dangers.aspx.

I dont know. I am still working out my relationship with sugar.

No comments: