Sunday, March 29, 2009

I am on the internet way too much.

Really. And I have a lot of excuses.

1. I don't have a t.v .
2. It's the only way that I can stay in touch with family and friends (well this is true but I hardly talk to them. lol)
3. I'm bored.
4. I'm just checking my University email.
5. Every one should use the Internet once a day. From 12-12.

All these are stupid. lol. I mean, I know I am not the only person that makes these kinds of excuses. But it's like, most of the time I am on the Internet, I am on websites arguing with people or just stating my opinions on things. It takes a lot of energy out of me. And I think it probably takes a lot of energy out of other people as well. But I love debate. I suppose my life surrounds around it. But it used to surround around education first and debate second. Now it is the other way around. And I don't mean just school. I also mean that I seem to have not continued to read up on the things that matter. Quite frankly, I haven't been on the top of my game. Oh and by the way, I consider this productive because I am blogging. But I really believe that I need to do things that are more productive through the day. I need to write letters and read books and write in my journal oh and do homework. Yea...that should probably be done. I always complain about how I never have time to read but I don't even use my procrastination time to read novels. What in the heck is that? I think the Internet is making me dumb...and probably a whole lot of other people. They have so much research on television and its effects (or affects. On no! see!) but do they have anything on the Internet. Probably.

Anyways. I guess this is part procrastination too. I have to wash clothes and clean my room and open a window cause it's stuffy in here. I also have to read Beloved for my American Literature class. Speaking of. I really wanted to write a blog on white privilege in the classroom. Especially while studying abroad. Maybe I will come back later to do so.

Okay, I am off to be more productive.

No comments: